11 November 2008

A freebie

IEEE/Computer Society has announced a new benefit to members, to be available in December: free access to 600 titles in the O'Reilly Safari library. Depending on what is made available, this could save me some slots in my current 10-slot subscription.

And that do I get for the $15/month that I'm paying? Right now, I have these volumes on my virtual bookshelf:


  • Duthie and MacDonald, ASP.NET in a Nutshell, 2/e
  • Meyer, CSS: The Definite Guide, 3/e
  • Bergsten, JavaServer Pages, 3/e: I checked this out for a specific project, and will release it soon
  • Pogue, Mac OS X Leopard: The Missing Manual
  • Friedl, Mastering Regular Expressions, 3/e
  • Snell et al., MCPD Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-547): this goes back once I pass the exam
  • Northrup et al., MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-536): ditto
  • Pogue et al., Windows XP Pro Edition: The Missing Manual, 2/e


I can swap out anything after holding it for 30 days. Most important, I can change up to the next edition of a book without having to pulp the old one.

No comments: